Sales Manager of Maui Coast Hotel in Kihei, Maui
The Sales Manager will be responsible for new business development and maintaining the market's key accounts to produce additional revenue. Must meet financial goals consistently and be a team player within the hotel. Expected to procure business from existing and new accounts with individual travel, airline contracts and group room blocks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Solicit and contract new business opportunities with consistent business development tactics to maximize guestroom sales.
- Implement a targeted and strategic plan to penetrate the market including corporate and group travel.
- Develop and maintain key account list for Maui Coast Hotel.
- Work closely with the AGM to develop and achieve outlined objectives.
- Work closely with the Revenue Manager to achieve maximum revenue efficiency.
- Conduct creative site inspections with on-site client events.
- Respond to RFPs and creative proposals within 24 hours.
- Use superior time management skills and effective communication with customers and coworkers.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Promote positive relations with guests and employees.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of competitors product.
- Achieve or exceed assigned quarterly financial goals.
- Positively contributes to the achievement of overall hotel goals in ADR, Occupancy, and RevPAR.
- Create an annual travel calendar that supports the marketing/business plan as well as quarterly action plans.
- Ensure all VIP information and special requests for individuals and groups is properly communicated and carried out within the operations team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Prerequisites and Experience
- This is not a remote position and regular office hours are expected.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
- Resourceful, diligent, and analytical.
- Team-first mentality, professionalism, and integrity.
- Effective communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent computer and software skills.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must be skilled in Windows, company-approved spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Willing to sometimes work long hours.
- Light physical work includes exerting up to twenty pounds occasionally, and/or up to ten pounds frequently or to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and training.
- Maintain professional standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identifying problem areas and assisting in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving complications as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
A university degree in hotel management, hotel sales or a related field with experience in hotel sales is preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary ranges from 83k to 88k, commensurate with experience and business acumen.
- Annual bonus program up to 15% of annual salary.
- Gold+ benefits plan of health, vision, dental and life insurance available for individual and family.
- 401(k) program with company match.
- Cell phone allowance
- Dry cleaning
- PTO Plan