Complex Sales Manager of The Paramount Hotel in Portland, Oregon and Paramount Hotel in Seattle, Washington
About Paramount Hotels
Paramount Hotels is a growing, second generation, hospitality and development company with a diverse culture and a purposeful environment that not only affects our employees and guests, but that is bettering our communities and redefining expectations within our industry. Paramount has earned a reputation for professionalism that reflects our commitment to fostering a workplace that is healthy, inspiring, joyful, and abundant. Our vision is to grow sustainably, intelligently, and thoughtfully build a legacy brand that will endure for generations. Leaders within Paramount Hotels are visionary, collaborative, abundant, and kind. Our leaders always consider our integrity and make decisions with consideration for what is in the
best interest of our team members and partners. Our leaders understand that this clear-eyed comprehensive approach not only serves us well in the business area, but also internally and personally, keeping us intact.
Paramount Hotels has recently shifted its sales and marketing focus to a complex strategy. We have created a sales model that will benefit its Paramount Hotel properties by creating a culture of focus driven sales initiatives in both the Seattle and Portland markets. Led by the Complex Director of Sales and Marketing, the Complex Sales Manager and Complex Executive Sales Assistant. Paramount Hotels is looking for an experienced, dynamic, and results-driven sales leader with a concentration on fostering relationships, service excellence and a passion for team culture to lead both, the Paramount Hotels in Portland, Seattle. The ideal candidate will be a selfmotivated and results-minded individual responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies to maximize revenues and occupancy, with a focus on group bookings and corporate travel, in conjunction with meeting space rental. Key responsibilities include creating and maintaining client account relationships and fostering customer loyalty across the brand. Strong communication, negotiation and relationship-building skills are essential, along with experience in hotel sales or a related field. The position offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package and a bonus program. The Complex Sales Manager will also be expected to travel between the Seattle and Portland markets on a regular basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Effectively solicit and become familiar with all accounts in both markets.
• Prospect and close on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.
• Drive revenue and maximize occupancy levels by developing and implementing sales strategies that win business in both the group and corporate segments.
• Develop working knowledge of the operations of the hotels, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services, Reservations, and Revenue Maximization.
• Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies.
• Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within the market.
• Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
• Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Complex Director of Sales.
• Invite and host clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours, and site inspections.
• Create and host regular scheduled gatherings for in-house guests and solicit and generate sales leads.
• Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, such as parties, sales blitzes, etc.
• Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
• Conduct a professional, thorough site presentation of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
• Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities, and events.
• Work with Paramount Hotels Food and Beverage partners to build a sales strategy around meeting space rental and food and beverage offerings.
• Actively maintain and update client contact information and accounts to ensure prompt correspondence, detailed communication, and appointment scheduling.
• Driving customer loyalty through Paramount Hotels loyalty program(s)
• Understand market trends by attending pertinent city meetings and events to identify new areas for business growth and adapt sales strategies accordingly.
• Attend weekly Paramount Hotels Complex Sales Business Review Meetings.
• Perform additional duties as required.
Prerequisites and Experience
• This is not a remote position and regular office hours are expected.
• Experience operating within a Union environment.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to work independently.
• Resourceful, diligent, and analytical.
• Team-first mentality, professionalism, and integrity.
• Effective communication and leadership skills.
• Excellent computer and software skills.
• Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Must be skilled in Windows, company-approved spreadsheets, and word processing.
• Willing to sometimes work long hours.
• Light physical work includes exerting up to twenty pounds occasionally, and/or up to ten pounds frequently or to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly,
courteous, and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and training.
• Maintain professional standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identifying problem areas and assisting in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing,
identifying, and solving complications as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
A university degree in hotel management, hotel sales or a related field with experience in hotel sales is preferred.
Salary and Benefits
• Salary ranges from 70K to 75K, commensurate with experience and business acumen.
• Annual bonus program up to 20% of annual salary.
• Gold+ benefits plan of health, vision, dental and life insurance available for individual and family.
• 401(k) program with company match.
• Cell phone allowance
• Parking or public transportation allowance
• Dry cleaning
• Fitness membership allowance
• Vacation and sick time
• Paid holidays